Style Guide: How to Style Short Torso Long Legs Body Type
Finding the right denim for your body proportions is important for accentuating your best features. Having a body type with long legs and a short torso means finding a jean style that helps balance to make your body shape look and feel amazing. For petite women with short torso lengths and longer legs, it’s important to find the right leg length to flatter your natural waistline. If you are not a short woman, you may need clothes with a longer inseam, and Democracy Clothing is here with stylish options for every frame size!
Low-Waisted Jeans To Create A Longer Torso
Shopping for pants, jeans, and trousers for your height and body size is important to make sure you dress to look and feel your best. With midrise to low waisted jeans like our "Ab"solution® Itty Bitty Boot Jean, you can avoid highlighting a short waist and extend your upper body. This style is great for balancing out your body shape by lowering the horizontal line of your waist.
Here are some styling tips for your low waisted jeans to create a longer torso:
- Shoes: Ankle boots and sneakers are a great option for low waist jeans that sit on your hips. This can create the illusion of shorter legs and make the vertical line of your legs look less highlighted than it would with pumps or heels.
- Tops: Finding tops for petite dressing is a great way to find a good fit for your shorter torso. While those with shorter legs, you’d want to do the opposite but play to your strengths by styling your shorter stem with low-waisted jeans and crop tops.
Girlfriend Jeans For Long Legs Short Torso
With our wide selection of jeans in our denim collection, you can find everything from long to short legs to make every body size look great. With girlfriend-fit jeans like the "Ab"solution® Tall Girlfriend Jeans, you can look chic and stylish with a mid rise that sits right below the belly button. This way you can create the illusion of long arms and avoid a squat silhouette. These long inseam pants have a long inseam and are available in sizes 0-16.
Here’s how to style the trendy girlfriend jeans for long legs and a short torso:
- Shoes: If you love heels, these are a fantastic choice that won’t shorten your torso. The cropped length of the jeans gives you more wiggle room with heels and pumps.
- Tops: Girlfriend jeans look amazing with t-shirts. Class it up with a nice blazer or jacket to complete the look. A longer jacket can help balance you out from shoulder to hip and elongate your torso. Check out our fashion tops to find the perfect top for your new denim.
Straight Denim Pants For Short Torso Length with Long Legs
Straight denim pants work for so many different body shapes. This is especially true for short torsos with longer legs. If you have broad shoulders, straight denim jeans can be a great way to further balance out your frame. The "Ab"solution Straight Leg Tall Jeans are a great choice for a longer inseam to meet the length of your long legs while balancing out your shorter torso. Straight denim pants and jeans are so easy to style and can easily be kept casual or classed up with the right top.
Style your versatile straight denim jeans with these great tips from us:
- Shoes: Loafers, flats, and sneakers are great for straight denim, especially for those looking to balance out a short torso. Keep it casual with some nice white sneakers or pair your jeans with loafers or flats to create a more professional look.
- Tops: Style your straight leg jeans with t-shirts, turtle necks, or a nice blouse. They’re super versatile and go with just about anything. Check out our blog for blouse styling tips to create endless outfits with your straight leg jeans.
Ankle Length Bottoms To Balance Out Your Body Shape
Lots of people with body shapes with shorter torsos and longer legs opt for options that elongate their top half while avoiding pieces that make their long legs look even longer. Ankle length bottoms are a great way to balance out your frame and leave you looking and feeling great about your outfit. We love these girlfriend jeans from Democracy, "Ab"solution® Tall Girlfriend Jeans, to help you look amazing! They are versatile, comfortable and work for a ton of different looks.
Looking for some ways to style ankle length jeans? Here are some styling tips:
- Shoes: The major benefit of ankle length bottoms is that they shorten your long legs so you have way more options for shoes. Pair them with some wedges or heels without worrying about shortening your torso! Find some ankle length denim in our tall women’s jeans to start looking and feeling fabulous.
- Tops: Ankle length bottoms are very versatile for tops. Keep it casual with a t-shirt or tank top or make it more classy and professional with a nice blouse or button-up. The options are truly endless with this style of jeans so have fun styling your outfit!
Also see our blogs on:
Democracy Clothing For Women With Long Legs Short Torso
Democracy Clothing is passionate about offering stylish pieces for every body type. We have a wide range of styles, fits, lengths, and washes so you can find the denim that makes you look and feel your absolute best. Visit our shop today and find your next favorite pair of jeans!